The Sarge and I have gotten out of the habit of cooking at home. We go back and forth with this bad habit. It’s hard to break! Today we decided to make a menu and go grocery shopping. We stopped at Wendy’s to grab a snack (I know, I know. Not helping!) before we headed to the store. It’s never good to go to the store while you’re hungry!
While we were eating our snack we quickly decided on a menu for the rest of the week. Here’s what we came up with.
- Dinner tonight: pizza from Walmart
- Lunch Thursday: sandwiches (or leftover pizza)
- Dinner Thursday: hamburgers, roasted potatoes, broccoli for The Sarge and zucchini for me.
- Lunch Friday: BLTs and chips & salsa
- Dinner Friday: whatever I want since The Sarge is working that night
- Lunch Saturday: Chicken salad sandwiches
- Dinner Saturday: Chicken pot pie.
I’m hoping we can go to see my family on Sunday since it’s Easter. Unfortunately, The Sarge is scheduled to work at his part-time job that day, since it’s a busy day for them. We’re both hoping someone will work for him. We’re also supposed to celebrate my birthday with my family on Sunday. We didn’t really get to this past Sunday (my birthday) because my dad went into the hospital. He’s home now so we’re hoping to actually be able to spend time together as a family! And hopefully, my mom will make pot roast!
What yumminess are you eating this week?