Going through deployment can be a very depressing time. You’re separated from your loved one, trying to get through life day by day. So I wanted to list some of the things that always make me smile.
1. Emails, Facebook, Twitter, or Skype messages from my husband. Any kind of communication from him is a blessing!
2. Friends. I have some of the most amazing friends who know just the right thing to say to me when I need to hear it the most.
3. Spending time with my amazing sister. She makes me laugh daily!
4. Watching a funny movie. While it’s not as fun without my hubby, they still make the time go by faster.
5. Blasting the music in my car. 99% of the time it’s Christian music, so I just praise Jesus while I’m driving down the road!
6. Chocolate. Need I say more?
7. Making new friends. I had lunch this week with a new friend who is also a military wife. It was so great for both of us!
8. Talking about the future with my husband. We love to dream together. Even from halfway around the world, he makes my heart beat faster.
9. Starbucks Mochas. Oh yeah!
10. Thinking about how incredibly blessed I am. I have the most amazing husband ever. He is so good to me. I am so in love with him. I think about him constantly!
What makes you smile?