I can’t believe it is 2016 already. Life keeps just passing me by. I have so many things I want to do but I never seem to do any of them.
I don’t really make resolutions, but one of my goals for the year is to work on myself. Make myself better. I somewhat started it last year with my Better Me Project. This year I’m continuing it.
I thought I would list a few things that I am working on. This will help me keep on track but hopefully also encourage others to work on bettering themselves as well!
Better Me Project 2016
- Get healthier: Eat better, exercise more, lose weight. I also want to connect with my doctors and really work on my health issues.
- Read more: I worked on this last year and used GoodReads to help me track the books I read. Last year my goal was 25 but I read 48! Of course, most of them were romance, but it’s my favorite genre! I can’t help it! This year my goal is 100 books. It’s February 1st and I’m 11 books down! YAY!
- Manage money better: I’m not the best with money. I’m the first to admit it. I have gotten better over the last year, though. I am paying our bills on time. I am working on saving more. I am also working more. I want to get to the point where we don’t have to live paycheck to paycheck.
- Grow my relationship with God: I need to focus more on Bible study and prayer. I also really want to find a church home. It has been almost 4 years since we really felt at home at a church. We haven’t even been going anywhere for a couple of years. We need it. I desperately need it.
- PURGE: If you’ve been to my house then you know. I have a LOT of stuff. I started collecting stuff for a home before I moved out of my parents house. Then I got more when I moved out. When I got married I had all of my husband’s things too! Plus all of the things for my hobbies like scrapbooking, jewelry making, direct sales, etc, etc, etc. Every time we move I get rid of a bunch of stuff. However, it is just like a drop in the bucket. So I need to make a much bigger drop in that bucket!
- Adoption: My heart is overflowing with love. I desperately need a child of my own to give that love to. I don’t know if I will ever be able to give birth to my own child so I want to adopt. I really want to get started with that process! I’m not getting younger. I hope to have a child before I am 35. That only gives me 4 years!
- Write my first novel: I have always wanted to write a novel. A couple of weeks ago my sister suggested that I write a book. So now I am working on it! It is a long process for sure. I’m just now working on character sketches. However, my goal is to work on it a little bit every day. Or at least, a few days a week. Maybe I can get it done by the end of the year! Heck, once I start the actual writing process it may go faster!
Well, that is a big part of my Better Me Project for this year! What are your goals for 2016?