Just thought I’d do this for fun. I found it on my new blog friend Brittany’s blog, Every Day Life of an Air Force Wife. Hope you enjoy!
1. How long have you been a military wife? About a year and 2 months.
2. What branch of service is your husband? Army
3. Active/Reserve? Active
4. What is his job? he is a clarinet in the band! He plays at different ceremonies as well as with the Dixieland band (part of the overall band in his unit) all around. He loves it.
5. How many deployments have you gone through? We are currently going through our first. Almost over!
6. ACU’s or Class A’s on your man? ACU’s. I’ve only seen him in Class A’s once. He looked good, but I love seeing him in ACU’s.
7. What do you like about being a military wife? Being so proud of my husband!
8. Do you live on base? No. I actually live an hour away from base, because of the deployment. I live with my sister. I thank God for her every day!!
9. What is your favorite base so far? I’ve only lived at one so far. The base is nice, but I hate the city it’s close to. None of my fave stores are there! The area around our next base is so much better, even though the base is a lot smaller!
10. What’s the hardest part of the military life? Deployment. Ugh. And TDY’s, etc.
11. Do you go to the grocery store or commissary? Grocery store right now, because we’re so far away from the commissary. But next base I’ll go to the commissary.
12. Do you work or stay at home? Stay at home. Had a job here for about 3 weeks but it was wearing me out. Due to the 60+ miles I had to drive every day, not getting to talk to my sweetheart as much (my boss, let me but I was focused on the baby, so I couldn’t really talk), etc. I became very depressed and would cry all the way home. In rush hour traffic. Not cool. I’m much better now that I am at home again. I do have my own business selling jewelry though!
13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? Only a few. And none of them are close by. I only talk to one of them consistently. She and her husband are like family to me and my husband. I love them!!
14. Do you prefer Walmart or the PX/BX/MCX/NEX? Target. I used to love Walmart, but since they have changed so much, they never have anything I need! It’s so frustrating. I do like the PX at our base, but I never go.
15. How did your husband propose? He woke me up 15 minutes before my alarm went off, at 4:30am the day we were taking his daughter home. (she lives 12 hours away) I was kinda irritated that he woke me up before my alarm. I said “What are you doing?” He just sat there. I asked again. He held up the ring and said “I thought I’d ask you something.” I sat up really fast, with a huge grin on my face. (I knew it was coming, just had to wait for it to be official!) He said “Will you marry me?” I said yes and gave him a big kiss. It was the best day!
16. Did you marry him after he joined or before? After. Way after! He had been in 18 years by the time we got married!
17. How long have you been together? 2 1/2 years.
18. Any kids yet? We don’t have any together (YET) but he has 3 daughters from his first marriage.
19. Any kids yet to come?In the (hopefully near) future.
20. Is your husband one of those “I am a soldier hear me HOOAH” kind of guys? In a way he is, but not really. He claims the Marines more than the Army. LOL! (I guess the first love syndrome is true for military too!)
21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband? No.
22. How many bases have you lived at?One
23. If you could change one thing about the military? I honestly don’t know.
24. Do you like military balls? I’ve never been to any, but I’d love to go.
25. Where does your family live? Tennessee
26. What do you do for a job? House wife and loving it!
27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO’s wife? Well, I AM an NCO’s wife… but no.
28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone? Spend way too much time on the internet.
29. Do you think other wives do that too? I’m sure