I love Fridays. The promise of the weekend is wonderful. Especially with the beautiful spring weather we are having right now! I love it!
Anyways. On to the questions!
1. What are some of your ideas for staying connected with family…you know, those people we moved thousands of miles away from? submitted by Live it. Love it (or not). Write About It.
As of right now, I still live with my sister because of deployment, and my parents live 15 minutes away. Now, this fall we will be moving to another state. It’s still not that far away. Only about 2 hours. Regardless, it will take some getting used to. I love living with my sister and being able to hang out with her every day! I’m definitely gonna miss that. We will still see each other. And call and text and facebook, etc. I’m not worried.
2. What’s the most romantic gift you have GIVEN? submitted by Painting My Canvas
Me, myself, and I. Oh and the lingerie my husband picked out! Hehe.
3. Would you encourage your child, if they came to you and wanted to join the military? submitted by Perfectly Imperfect
Absolutely. I would tell them to do their research and make SURE they wanted to join, but I would definitely be supportive. It’s such a remarkable thing to do. My husband has been in the military for almost 20 years. How could I not be supportive?!
4. What is your least favorite bill to pay and why? submitted by A Little of This, A Little of That
Our car payment. It’s something I never wanted to have. But we needed a better vehicle. And I love my minivan (I’m a soccer mom with no kids yet! Well, that live with me anyways.) I’m praying that we can buy a car for my husband with cash. Anyone willing to donate? *hopeful look*
5. What is the proudest moment you’ve had as a military spouse? submitted by Our Okinawa Life
It’s kinda still going on. When we had just started dating, my husband wanted to get out of the Army. He had been over the weight limit for a while and he was frustrated. He was having trouble losing weight and he was tired of the Army giving him a hard time about it. He finally decided that he needed to do everything he could to lose the weight so he could retire. When he left here in July, he weighed in at 262 lbs. As of his last weigh in, he is down to 216 lbs!! That’s 46 lbs! Plus, when he was home for R&R he gained 13 pounds and lost that again once he was back overseas. He’s doing so great and I am so proud of him!!