Sorry it’s been so long since I have posted. I’ve been spending time with my husband, stepdaughter, mom & sister. It’s been a rough couple of months, but we are getting through it. I saw how long it has been since I wrote anything, so I thought I should at least give you SOMEthing! So here’s this month’s MilSpouse Fill-In. I hope you enjoy and don’t forget to head over and look at everyone else’s!
1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed?
The HEAT! It has been INSANE! I open the door to go outside and it’s like WHOOSH! It’s unbearable! We have a lot of farm land around here and it’s so sad to drive by and see the corn turning brown because of the heat. I wish it would RAIN!
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in June?
My sister’s 25th birthday party! It’s the first time we’ve really had a good birthday party for her! I loved being able to surprise her and shower her with love and gifts. It was awesome. Here are a few pics.
3. What did you do to celebrate Independence Day?
We went to my Mom’s house and spent the day with her and my sister. We cooked out and watched the fireworks on tv! SO much fun.
4. When you PCS, what items do you take with you and not let the movers pack (and if you do a DITY, what do you take with you and not box up) (thanks to Sespi at And You Never Did Think for inspiring this question)?
Clothes, toiletries, laptop, important papers, etc.
5. What are you looking forward to in July?
Block leave for my husband’s unit. He’s not taking any leave but he doesn’t have to work as long during the days! I love getting the extra time to spend with my sweetheart!