I found this on Army Wife 101 and I thought I’d join in!
1. How did you and your spouse meet? We actually met online, in a chat room!
2. How old were you when you two met? I was 23, he was 34.
3. How long have you been together? 3 years since we met, married almost 2 years.
4. Where are you and your spouse originally from? He was born in Maryland, but grew up all over. He claims Georgia as home. I was born and raised in Nashville TN!
5. How did you feel about him joining the military? He had been in the military for 16 years when I met him.
6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training? He went to Boot Camp at Parris Island. I was 7 years old. 🙂
7. Has your spouse ever been deployed? He deployed last year for 10 months.
8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony? Unfortunately, no. I haven’t known him long enough.
9. How long have you been a military wife? Since we got married on Jan 16th, 2010.
10. Did you marry him before or after he joined? After.
11. How did your husband propose? He woke me up early the day we were taking his daughter home to her mom’s house. I was kinda irritated because he woke me up before my alarm went off. He looked at me, held out the ring and said “I was gonna ask you a question.” I sat up really quick, my eyes wide open. He said “Will you marry me?” and I of course said yes!
12. Where did you get married? We got married in my home church in Nashville. Same place my parents got married.
13. How old were you two when you got married? I was 24 and he was 35.
14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day? No. He wore a tux and looked really hot.
15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed? Ft Campbell, KY
16. Do you live on base? No.
17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation? 6 months and 2 days. Hardest day of my life. (Until my grandparents died.)
18. What is your favorite base so far? This is the only one I’ve been at. And since he retires in a year, it will be the only base I go to.
19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform? Most definitely. I love seeing him in uniform!
20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life? More advanced? Not sure. But I definitely think it makes me more proud of my country and my husband.
21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent? Yes.
22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? I’m working on making some. I have several who are in other places, but very few here.
23. What is the hardest part of the military life? Hurry up and wait! I have learned to not make plans past a few days. Things always change!
24. Do you own military wife stuff? You better believe I do! I’m extremely proud to be a military wife!
25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military? 110% He is good at what he does and I am very proud of him.
IF YOU’RE A MILITARY SPOUSE, TAG YOU’RE IT.