This is part of Wives of Faith’s Military Spouse Appreciation Blog Carnival 2011.
Today’s theme is 11 things you want to do in your current duty station, or upcoming duty station. Since I’ve lived in this area my entire life, I’m gonna list things I want to do in our upcoming duty station, Ft Knox KY. I’m so excited about being there. It’s about 45 minutes from Louisville KY, which is where my mom’s family is from. So it’s home away from home!
1. I’m very excited about touring Elizabethtown (E-town), which is right outside Ft Knox.
2. I definitely want to go see the birth place of Abraham Lincoln. As many times as I’ve driven past the signs for it, I’ve never been.
3. While I’ll probably never actually GO to the Kentucky Derby, I DO want to host a Derby Day Party while I’m actually in Kentucky!
4. I want to go to Thunder Over Louisville.
5. Go see a Louisville Bats baseball game.
6. Go to the Louisville Zoo. I’ve been before but I was LITTLE when I went. I’ve been wanting to go back for years.
7. Go letterboxing all around the area! Maybe even plant a few boxes!!
8. I want to go to the Patton Museum at Ft Knox.
9. We’ve been to the Louisville Slugger Museum which is a BLAST! Especially if you love baseball as much as my hubby does!
10. I want to go to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY! (Another attraction I’ve driven past for years on end and have never been to!)
11. We have been to the Schmidt Coca Cola Museum in Elizabethtown KY. SO much fun! It’s the family’s personal collection, as they used to be a bottling plant for Coca Cola! (Unfortunately the museum is now closed and they are auctioning off the collection! But the gift shop is still open. Sad day.)
This post has been entertaining for me to write. I hope you’ve been entertained by reading it! I’m looking forward to visiting all these places in the next year or so!!!